Are your children interested in learning all about the Human Body but you are teaching multiple grades and ages in science?
Today I will share my tips and tricks of how I teach multiple students and grades while keeping my sanity while using these wonderful resources from Dover Publications!
There is also a giveaway at the bottom of this post for a chance to win this Human Body Set or one of their many other great learning sets. Believe me you will want to win one of these sets, they are amazing!
We were sent the Human Body set because my 1st grader was interested in learning about the human body. She found out her older sister was learning about the body so she wanted to learn too!
In our homeschool we are more eclectic in our teaching and love to combine our learning anytime we can. When you combine learning it will cut your teaching time down, and you can cover more material in less time.
When my older students are covering a certain subject and my younger children show an interest I try my best to find a way to include them. As you know though the curriculum may not be age appropriate and you need to find supplements to use.
When Dover Publications sent this Human Body set to me I knew this would be perfect for combining our learning.
How to teach the Human Body to all ages at the same time:
- A great tip that we use is while the older students read out loud from their text is that my younger daughter will find a book in this Human Body set that is related to the text being read, she then completes activities or color pages relating to the content that is being read.
- She really likes the coloring books where she is able to listen and be creative while learning.
- The activity books keep your younger students busy and working while giving you time to work with your older students.
- Your children will also learn by the open discussions you will have while talking about the human body and science content with your older students. They listen to everything.
- You can reinforce lessons taught by using activity books to further the discussions and learning of topics.
- Have your older student sit with your younger student and complete activities together. They will both learn from questions they may have of each other. (My kids love doing this, they bond and actually talk together.)
- It will give a more relaxed and fun learning environment in which everyone will enjoy learning. We know that when children have fun learning they will retain more.
So have fun, be creative. That is what these books from Dover Publications has allowed us to do while learning about our human body and science.
The books we received in this Human Body set were:
- How Your Body Works the Ultimate Illustrated Guide
- The Outrageous Human Body Activity Book
- Giant Microbes Cells Coloring Book
- Giant Microbes Germs and Microbes Coloring Book
- My First Book About the Brain
- Your 5 Senses Coloring Book
- My First Human Body Book
All of these books are amazing! They are perfect for elementary students.
You can grab a set of your own online at Dover Publications!
Did you know Dover is celebrating its 75th anniversary. “75 Years of Extraordinary Books at Extraordinary Value!”
Follow Dover Publications:
- Prizes shipped only to USA or Canadian addresses.
- Entry means you give iHomeschool Network permission to give your email address to Dover Publications for the purpose of promotional emails.
- Giveaway closes 04/20/2016 10:00 pm
- Dover Publications is giving away 10 sets total in these quantities:
2 Recreational Math
3 The White House
2 Seymour Simon Science
2 Dover Thrift Study Editions High School
1 The Human Body