Are your kids curious about the election process, especially during this presidential election year? Mine are, there have been so many questions that I honestly did not have the answers to all of their questions. The Election Lap-Pak by Home School in the Woods is the perfect resource to teach your children, with a hands-on approach all about the election process.
It has been very exciting learning along side my daughter and having some of my questions answered as well. Read below to see how we used this Election Lap-Pak and how you can enter to win a free Elections unit study of your own!
I received the product for free. I was compensated for my time.All opinions are honest, and I was not required to post a positive review.
Election Lap-Pak by Home School in the Woods
This was not our first unit study from Home School in the Woods so we were familiar with how their unit studies worked. I received a download and CD for this study, but you can purchase either format for this study. I really appreciate the hands-on approach to learning that Home School in the Woods uses and this Lap-Pak did not disappoint. This study is perfect for grades 3-8. My daughter is in 8th grade so we were in the older age range for this, and it was still challenging for her.
How we used the Election Lap-Pak
- We first printed the lap book assembly and project instructions.
- Then I printed the booklet that you will need to complete the lessons and projects. The great thing about this Home School in the Woods Elections lap-book is that there is an audio version of this booklet. This is great for auditory learners. We read along with the narrator and loved it!
- We then completed the project for each section we read. There are full color photos of what your finished project should look like. No more guessing if you are putting the pieces together right or not, I can really appreciate this. If you have used a lap book before you probably are shaking your head yes right now.
- We chose to add our projects to our lap book as we went along. We have small hands that like to get into things and knew if we did not have a permanent home for the projects they would disappear. Home School in the Woods instructs you to wait to assemble, but we had no problem doing it this way though.
- Now we have a perfect resource that we can grab anytime we may have a question about the elections.
This unit study is great for visual, auditory, and hands-on learners.
You can also teach this together for multiple grades and ages.
The Elections unit study can be a full study on it’s own, or you can break each lesson down and incorporate the projects into a longer study of each topic.
We really enjoyed doing this unit together, this allowed us to talk about different political views, how they may be are alike or different than ours. This is priceless time!
LAP-PAK ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
Definition of “Election”
Different Forms of Government
The American Experiment
The Three Branches of Government
Who Do We Vote For?
Terms of Office
A “Handful” of Political Parties
Caucuses & Primaries
The Presidential Campaign: Platform
The Presidential Campaign: Stump Speaking
The Presidential Campaign: Media — News Source
The Presidential Campaign: Campaign Advertising — Spreading the Word!
The Electoral College
The Electoral Race!
Follow Home School in the Woods for updates!
Sign up for their newsletter to receive all of the latest updates and products to your inbox! Email sign ups are on upper right hand corner of the home page.
Purchase your own Hands-on History Lap-Pak: U.S. Elections study or enter below for your chance to win a free copy of your own!
3 people will win a download version of the Hands-on History Lap-Pak: U.S. Elections (open to anyone anywhere).